Cellmark Forensic Services is looking to expland its team of Forensic Anthropologists/Archaeologists.
This position will be based in Chorley, Lancashire with the potential for extensive travel.
Please see below for information about the position and how to apply.
Cellmark is one of the UK’s largest forensic and DNA testing companies with a reputation for quality, innovation and technological development.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with significant experience in Osteoarcheology to join the Forensic Casework (Archaeology, Anthropology & Ecology) team in Chorley.
You will be the sort of person who is a team player but also able to work independently to agreed deadlines. You will demonstrate flexibility and commitment and have well developed verbal and written communication skills; you will also have good administration and computer skills.
In order to be successful you should:
- have extensive experience in analysis of large collections of human skeletal remains in varying conditions; and production of skeletal reports to publication standard.
- be competent in providing expert witness testimony on the subject of forensic anthropology and archaeology. Expert witness training will be provided as well as awareness training in crime scene attendance and forensic laboratory procedures for those who are deemed at a level to be competent but not yet experienced in giving evidence.
- have extensive archaeological field experience including desk-based assessments, watching-briefs, evaluations, walkover survey, topographical survey, excavation and recording of multi-period sites including a wide range of burial sites.
- be experienced in the direction of complex excavations and have familiarity with environmental sampling and processing techniques.
- have degree level education in Archaeology and MSc in Osteology / Biological Anthropology or a closely related subject.
- possess a full UK driving licence and be eligible to gain UK security clearance to SC level (minimum of three years UK residency).
Scene attendance and on-call services in the field of forensic Anthropology and Archaeology will be a main focus of the role. This will mean significant working away from home, often at short notice, sometimes working long hours in challenging conditions outdoors or in a mortuary.
In addition to an attractive salary, you will be joining one of the UK’s leading Forensic Archaeology/Anthropology teams which offers great opportunities for development as well as market leading employee benefits including private healthcare, pension scheme and life insurance.
Please apply by sending a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
Application deadline: 31/07/2016